Terms and Conditions
- The contest is organized by:
- The contest is open only to residents across India, as per the category eligibility mentioned.
- The mobile number and email address used for registration for this competition must be the parent’s or guardian’s mobile number and email address.
- The contest is a game of skill.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this contest.
- Route to entry for the contest is via the online portal (https://ywc.thehindu.com/jswpaints), with the consent of the guardian.
- The physical entry must match with the scanned entry uploaded on the microsite, at every stage of the competition. In case of any discrepancies, the entry will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entries will be announced in every print advertisement announcing the contest. After the closing date, no further entries to the contest will be considered for judging.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received on or before the closing/cut-off dates.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend the contest including all or any of the terms and conditions without notice including in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organisers’ control. Any changes to the contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organisers.
- The Organisers are not responsible for inaccurate details of the contest/information on prize etc. supplied to any entrant by any third party not connected with this contest.
- The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and the Organisers reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Qualifiers and winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Organisers and such decision shall be final and binding.
- The name of the final winners will be published on the website www.ywc.thehindu.com/results.
- At the end of this contest, the winner(s) will be entitled to win the contest prize. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Organisers reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Organisers will separately notify the final winner(s) through their registered email address or mobile number about when and where the prize can be collected/is delivered.
- Participation in the contest shall be with the consent of his/her parent or guardian and such approval shall be deemed to have been voluntarily given by the parent/guardian at the time of entry to the contest. The Participant/winner further agrees to the use/publishing of his/her name and image in any publicity material including collection of non-sensitive personal data without the requirement of any further approval and/or compensation. Any personal data relating to the participant and/or the winner sought and willingly provided by the participant and/or winner shall be used only for the limited purpose of the contest and strictly in accordance with the data protection/privacy legislation in force.
- Participant(s)/Winner(s) shall not have/claim any copyright or other intellectual property right in the entry, photograph, answers or any other material submitted as part of the contest (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘the Work’). All and any copyright/ intellectual property right in the Work shall solely belong to /vest in the Organisers.
- The Organisers’ decision as to those able to take part in the contest shall be final and binding.
- The participants ought to have entered into the contest with the consent of their parent/guardian to participate in the contest.
- The decision of the Organiser in relation to all matters concerning the contest shall be final and binding on all.
- The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by Indian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Chennai only.
- Entry into the contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The contest/event can be withdrawn by the organiser(s) at any point in time.
o THG Publishing Pvt Ltd whose registered office is at Kasturi Buildings, 859 & 860, Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 002 and
o JSW PAINTS PRIVATE LIMITED, JSW Centre, BKC, Bandra East, Mumbai, Tamil Nadu 400051